What is DSPL2?
About DSPL Area 2
DSPL2 (Stevenage and surrounding villages) includes 32 primary schools, 6 secondary schools, 4 special schools, 1 primary support base and 1 secondary education support centre. Peartree Spring Primary School is the lead school in Area 2.
DSPL (Delivering Special Provision Locally) is a Hertfordshire wide partnership approach where parents, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area group, reviewing and developing the range of provision and support services available to their local community that:
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment.
- Widens choices for children and parents/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Uses resources more effectively